Thursday, December 25, 2008

Not Obliged

© 2008 Stan Spire


If you’re expecting me to wish you “Merry Xmas,” go elsewhere.

If you’re having a great day, good for you. Don’t let me pee on your parade. Just understand that not everyone is marching in step with you. I’m entitled not to get caught up in the holiday cheer, pretending that today is the most special day of the year. I have the right to ignore, dislike – or even hate – the so-called “Happy Holidays.”

Conformity. Fit in or else. If you’re not into the winter holidays group think, there is something wrong with you. Scrooge! Grinch!

Maybe what is “wrong” with me is that I’m an individual. Neither my life experiences and present situation match yours.

Anyway, I’m not depressed – because I’m not pretending, I’m not in denial.

What’s your story?

No comments: