Monday, June 1, 2009

The Stan Spire Situation

© Stan Spire 2009


My philosophy: If you can’t join them, beat them.

In a previous post, “The Stan Spire Story,” I briefly explained what lead me here to this blog. But the main reason why I’m using this as an outlet is because no one in the mainstream media – either fiction or non-fiction concerns – thought my stuff was worthy. I failed to break the mainstream barrier.

Now I’m in the position to criticize the problems I see with corporate entertainment and news (or anything else that irks me). Sour grapes? Read my stuff and you can decide if I’m on or off target.

I mentioned in “The Stan Spire Story” that I used to have over 300 followers via email subscriptions. Now I’m reduced to a fraction of that with hits at this blog.

Putting aside my ego, I mulled over what caused the drastic drop and this one point reared its ugly little head:

Maybe the mystery surrounding me is too intimidating. It scares people away!

Ergo the last couple of posts about whom (or what) I am.

After all, it’s all about having a My Space personality, isn’t it? (Even if it’s a fake one.)

A few more details:

I’m at the bottom end of the economic scale. Not starving but not making a ton of money either. No car or home. Just treading water.

I’m someone who played the employment game and got screwed over repeatedly. Underpaid, overworked – the usual. My work history is divided between underemployment and unemployment. At this point I’m been forced to take early retirement; limited income.

I don’t expect anything to be handed to me. When it is, it’s usually pain and bullshit.

Besides the lowly status of no job, I live alone. Don’t get me going about the social scene here in Pits-burgh, NY. As for family – I have a vague recollection of what that term means.

Bitter?

What do you think?

No comments: