Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More Glossy Garbage

© Stan Spire 2009


Got another one in the mail today. The alumni magazine from the college that bestowed upon me an invaluable degree, the key to a good life.

I have so many fond memories of my alma mater, Mistake By The Lake. Alcohol abuse, for one. College is the perfect environment for that hobby. And how can I forget my backstabbing roommate who helped improve my chances for dating success.

What I treasure about the alumni magazine is all the success stories, how a Mistake By The Lake degree made the difference. But you never see the unsuccess stories.

My four-year degree was so worthwhile. It assured that I had a steady career, made plenty of money, and was never unemployed or forced to take a minimum wage job. My degree was so worthwhile that I had to default on my student loan.

An unsuccess story that will never appear in the MBTL alumni magazine. After all, the college has to sell the dream, not reality.

No comments: