Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mutts Unplugged

© Stan Spire 2009


The Plattsburgh Daily (news)Paper (PDP) dropped “For Better Or Worse” –- a somewhat entertaining comic strip –- and replaced it with “Mutts” – an anti-entertaining one by Patrick McDonnell.

Complaints have blazed in to the PDP. Most readers want “For Better Or Worse” reinstated; they think “Mutts” is unfunny.

“Unfunny” doesn’t even begin to describe this alleged “comic” strip. I’ve haven’t seen anything so braindead since “Nancy” by Ernie Bushmiller.

I’ve taken a couple of “Mutts” strips –- March 2nd and 3rd – and with some image-editing wizardry have made them halfway funny. I only needed two panels, not three. If you think my unplugged versions are sub-juvenile, then go here [ http://www.kingfeatures.com/features/comics/mutts/about.htm ] and compare with the originals. If you don’t think my versions are more entertaining, then you’re braindead.







No comments: